Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, Take One

I really like the changing of the year. I don't feel the need to do it up big on New Year's Eve, necessarily, although we did go to a nice party where we brought in the year with a small group of friends. What I mean is I like how a new year feels like a blank slate full of possibilities. I love hearing people talk optimistically about the new year, and to feel that optimism in my spirit. 2008 was a fantastic year -- no doubt the best year of my life -- and I feel like 2009 will bring more of the same.

But I named this blog The World According to Ava to represent a blog chronicling Ava's life, and now I'm not so sure it is aptly named. Hmm. Well, it's safe to say this blog will be a glimpse into Ava's life with the occasional blah-blah-blah from me. :)

Instead of putting some catch-up posts on Ava's old site, I think I'll just post them here. Resolution #1 Billion for 2009: to blog often about Ava's soon-to-be second(!) year of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment