Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Bean


Today is Ava's first birthday. We really cannot believe that she is already a year old. The day is a little bittersweet for me, as I feel like time is passing way too fast. But I keep reminding myself that there is so much to look forward to with her. Soon she will be crawling faster, then walking, and talking more. My sister Jessie said that the second year is her favorite, as that is when they get unbearably cute, so I am hanging on to that, too.

On a regular basis I ask myself what did we do to get such a sweet child. I mean, obviously, every parent thinks her child is the sweetest, cutest, smartest, name-the-adjective little person alive, and I am oozing with bias. But when I watch her make eye contact with strangers in a store and smile at them, I marvel at her spirit of joy. We were shopping today and I counted the number of people who stopped and commented that Ava was smiling at them -- five people. In about 15 minutes. I promise to stop bragging/gushing now, but you get the point. What does she have to be so happy about? But I am not complaining -- I think her personality is priceless.

In celebration of Ava's birthday, let me share a few of my favorite pics of Ava over the first year.



I've always liked this picture, taken when she was about 3 months, because she looks like a little flower. :)
Ava is about 4 months old here. This picture captures her personality perfectly.

I love this picture of Ben and Ava. She was only about 3 weeks old, and he was tickling her. It was one of the first times we realized how ticklish she is. :)

This captures a nice moment with Ava and her Nonni in June, when she was about 5 and a half months.
Six months old, at the family's Lake Lure vacation



When Ava comes out of the bath, her 'fro comes out. I love her curly hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment